[gps-talkusers] Re: servicing options in the UK for the braille note PK

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:10:08 +0100

Hi Tony

I am afraid Humanware is the only option in the UK. Even if you were to send it
to someone else it would still probably end up with Humanware. They are not
only the main dealer but a subsidary of the parent company. I had several
problems with the braille display on my original machine and was beginning to
think it was something to do with the way I used it. Since upgrading to the
Apex the problems have gone away and I still use it in exactly the same way.

Manufacturers and dealers are often reluctant to accept that there is such a
thing as a rogue machine but they do exist and if you get one there is very
little you can do about it except look out for a worthwhile and economic
upgrade (now there is a rarity).

Steve