[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: gps features compared?

  • From: "Vicky Collins" <v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:26:21 -0400

That works for me, meaning the PK on the left side and reading the Braille
with the left hand.  True, it isn't quite as convenient as having both
hands, but it is enough to at least give me an idea of where I am when I
can't hear through the PK speaker.  Then, too, if I just can't figure out
the info with the left hand, I have no problem stopping for a second or two
and reading the Braille display with both hands.

I also am very pleased with the new interface in V4.0.  The task switching
is great, and I especially like the new help command structure, what with my
memory being what it is and all, grin.  And, oh, yes, having that file with
those exit numbers is wonderful as well.  For, when I'm talking with my
family in Kentucky, and when they ask me to give them my location, like when
I'm on the Greyhound bus coming to visit them for example, they aren't
really looking for landmarks/places that they may or may not recognize near
town say twenty or thirty miles away.  But, rather, they can relate to an
exit number
that I might be near and give them.
Vicky Collins
v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx