[gps-talkusers] Re: New POIs and incorrect names

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter.bosher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:53:46 +0100

Hi Charles,

I will need specific 3rd party ID's in order to check on what you are
asking.  It would be great to have 2 examples of each category type which
you find in error.  Ie. 2 pubs, 2 Guest Houses, 2 schools etc.  Then I can
check on these internally to see if there is a POI conversion error and if I
find none I can then give these third party ID's to TeleAtlas to investigate
further.  But in each of your examples I also need the real name of the POI
and what the current name means.

I'll give you two pubs and two schools, and hope these will serve. I didn't see any of these problems with guest-houses, but mentioned in passing that there were fewer of these, as I have often used Sendero to find good ones which are no longer listed. Not only are they not listed but there are none at all within shooting distance whereas before there was a good selection.

Now for the examples:

Pubs:
POI name: Woodhouse Inns
ID: 308260002118895
Real name: The Cock Inn
Woodhouse Inns is the national company which runs this chain of pubs all over the country.

POI name: Arc Brewing Co
ID: 308260002313375
Real name: The Gate
Ditto; name of national company.

Note that this is a widespread problem with four or five examples within a three-mile radius.

Now schools (this is even more universal)
POI name: Buckinghamshire County Council
ID: 308260002298601
Real name: Chesham High School
Buckinghamshire County Council is the local authority.

POI name:  Buckinghamshire County Council
ID: 308260002298605
Real name: Thomas Harding Junior School
Ditto.

I hope this helps and keen to know what you find out.

Best wishes,

Peter

--

*******