[gps-talkusers] Re: Just learning

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:46:04 -0700

Gigi, Mary Ellen Earls, another Seeing Eye Graduate here. I have both the
trekker and the Braille Note gps. It really depends upon your personal needs
and what kind of information you need in your travels.
If you want the basics just to know what intersections are coming up and you do
a lot of traveling in cities trekker may be just the ticket. They are
supposedly going to redesign it but as it stands now it is pretty automated and
will tell you when you are approaching an intersection and you can make routes
with it.
On the other hand, if You need extremely detailed information such as how far
you are from say a mailbox or if you wish information such as detailed
intersections (cross streets and where they are) or how fast you are traveling
or even your altitude, then the Braille Note Gps is for you.
I use the Braille Note gps because I am in Scottsdale, Arizona and use a
walking path to exercise my dog on, therefore there is an enormous amount of
open space which trekker regards as free mode. The Braille Note will still tell
me when I am coming up onto an intersection
So again, it really depends upon your personal needs, and whether you want
something for the now and forever or want something which will continually
challenge you in your retirement years.
Both instruments are great in my book and yes, I do have a home in Ohio and I
find the Trekker to be tremendous back there so again I can't stress how smart
you are in asking lots and lots of questions first.
Hope this help.
Mary Ellen Earlss