[gps-talkusers] Re: Is it necessary to activate the bluetooth receiver?

  • From: "Richard Turner" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:28:42 -0700

Hi,
It is only necessary if the GPS program can't find the receiver.  Some resets
keep the receiver paired, but not active.
When you call a business and you are on hold, that is the same as having the
device and the receiver paired.
When they take you off hold and actually talk to you, that is the same as
activating the receiver.
If they cut you off, that is the same as removing the pairing.
So, if the receiver is paired but not active, you have it on hold and it cannot
talk to the device.
Activating just allows information to flow back to the device.  That is the
analogy I use to make sense of all of it anyway.  I hope that helps.

Richard