[gps-talkusers] Re: How do I concatinate user.poi files

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:03:03 -0700

Doug,

The User.poi files cannot be merged using the block commands.

If you send them to me, we have a utility and we can combine them as a
Doug.bpi file. I am encouraging all users to send us their files to share
with others. Please indicate if your files can be added to the monthly
User.bpi file I will start creating after the release of version 3 and
making available to all users free of charge as a download or email.

I think you'll find city matches improved in version 3 as well.

>Hi.  Is it possible to concatinate user.poi files?  I recently did some
>extensive traveling thru Ca, Or, Wa, and Id.  While in each state, I
>transfered the maps from a microdrive to a 256 mb compact flash card.  I
>have six user.poi files now.  Can I combine them using the BN's block
>commands, i.e. appending to the clipboard, or do the files have headers
>that would prevent that?  Or, can I edit a user.poi file using GPS options,
>and add in the data from the other user.poi files?
>
>I will be reporting to this list soon on my observations of the BN-GPS.  It
>couldn't find some cities in the database, while setting
>addresses.  However, the cities were there when I actually arrived
>there.  For example, I could not set a virtual address in Coeur d'Alene,
>Idaho.  Searching for cities with names beginning with the letter c, or co,
>or coe did not bring up that city name.  Of course, when searching for
>cities beginning with c, I used the letter sign to avoid getting cities
>beginning with can.  Any help in searching for this city would be appreciated.
>Aloha,
>Doug Martin

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West