[gps-talkusers] Fun with POIs

  • From: "Sue Sweetman" <sue.sweetman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:00:44 -0800

We were in Phoenix last weekend with our son and his friends, and had some
time to kill after we arrived.  Bob did a POI search and found Honey Bear's
BBQ.  It sounded good, so we headed on over.  He got us there with no
problems, but the kids and I thought it looked like a hole in the wall...we
were thinking that maybe we should look for the nearest Burger King.  But
then we realized that both the parking lot and the restaurant were packed,
so we figured it was worth a try, and it was fantastic.

Later, we wanted to check out Sonic Burgers because the kids had been told
that it is even better than In n Out.  Since one of the kids with us is an
In n Out employee here in L.A., this was an important stop.  Our Phoenix
friends directed us to Sonic, but alas they had given us the wrong
intersection, and it was too new to be in the POI database.  So we found
another Sonic that *was* in the BN GPS database, and thanks to the phone
number, with a call to the older one, we quickly found the right one.

One of the kids decided that "Mr. Sweetman is scary with that thing!"

Fun vacation memories thanks to BN GPS!  And now, after a weekend of eating
with college students, it is back to our diets!

Sue Sweetman
Sweetman Systems
(818) 893-5887
Fax: (818) 894-9132