[gps-talkusers] Re: Blue tooth earpiece

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:12:43 -0800

Don,

There is a recessed button on the dongle side. You press that and put your earpiece in discover mode. There is never a need for a pairing code. So many devices use 0000, it could be that it defaults to that.

Mike,

This really sounds like a neat device. How do you do the pairing? Is it from the earpiece side? I assume the earpiece has some way of pairing without
need for an authorization code? Just wondering how it's accomplished.

For the people on the bn list who want to use a bluetooth headset, this just might be a cool way to accomplish it.

Don

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:29:31 -0800, Michael May wrote:

Peter,

Carl found a very neat accessory I have now purchased and tested. It
is an audio Bluetooth dongle, meaning that it plugs into the audio
jack of any device and converts the audio into a Bluetooth signal.
You pair this audio dongle with a Bluetooth earpiece. I don't know
that it pairs with all devices. It paired with my Motorola HS810,
which I use with my cell phone.

It comes with a sub mini jack. The purpose of this device is to allow
handfree Bluetooth operation with a cell phone for those phones which
don't have bluetooth built in. A friend tried it on his phone and it
worked great.

You need an adapter from sub mini to the BrailleNote's standard mini
jack and it works wonderfully.

The device times out after a minute of no audio. As soon as you press
a key however and it receives new audio, it starts up again. It is
about an inch square and probably a quarter inch thick. I just
Velcroed it to the side of my PK.

I ordered it from BlueEssentials.com for $34.95
Netcom GN 1110 A210 Cell Phone Bluetooth Adapter (1110-05) = $34.99

Thanks to Carl for discovering this little gem.

http://www.eset.com