[gpodder-devel] deleting podcasts

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 09:56:10 +0200

Hello!

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 17:53 -0500, Mark Alford wrote:
> I think I don't understand deletion. One of my channels has a bunch of
> podcasts with garbage-can icons, so I want them to go away, but
> each time I start up gpodder they are still there.
> How can I get rid of them?

You probably shouldn't. The trash can icon means "Downloaded before, but
now deleted". You can also "delete" a non-downloaded episodes, and it
gets a trash can icon, but what it basically means for gPodder is that
it should not try to download this episode automatically and that the
latest trash can episode is the episode that has been downloaded last
time (i.e. this is needed for "new episodes" detection).

It should give you a visual clue that this episode has been dealt with,
either you listened to it or told gPodder to not download it. If you
want to listen to this episode, you have to re-download it.

Maybe this should also get into the user documentation.