[gpodder-devel] Help! gpodder no longer syncs episodes (?)

  • From: wvanrooijen at yahoo.com (Wilfred van Rooijen)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 05:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Thomas,

> You are probably meaning Git, right? The main repository
> for gPodder
> currently is at http://repo.or.cz/w/gpodder.git (you'll
> find the git://
> and clone URLs at that web page).

Indeed, GIT. I always start gpodder using

#> git pull && make test &

so I have regular updates of gpodder ;-))

> No, I personally don't use iPod syncing anymore, but there
> also have not
> really been any changes to the code so far. Maybe the
> GStreamer-based
> track length detection is acting up? Please try "git pull"
> the latest
> version of the development version (master branch) and see
> if this fixes
> your problem :)

I use gtkpod also to sync other music to the same iPod, and that works fine. I
use xfce4. What secondary softwares does gpodder use when syncing to an iPod? I
can check individual programs to see if they work fine. I've double-checked the
output from gpodder in the terminal. There's nothing to indicate that anything
is going wrong.

The strange thing is that it seems to me that none of the related software has
been updated recently. I have had some problems with gpodder before, but always
it turned out that those problems were due to gentoo and python related issues,
not gpodder itself. gtkpod still works fine, which indicates that there is no
problem with the communication with my iPod. At present, I use a trick to
circumvent the problem: in gpodder, I move all the files to the Desktop, and
then sync with gtkpod - but of course this is not a good solution.

Cheers,
Wilfred