[gpodder-devel] Help! gpodder no longer syncs episodes (?)

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:07:29 +0200

Hi Wilfred,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 06:09:35AM -0700, Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:
> I am using gpodder from SVN on a gentoo linux system. For reasons I do
> not understand, gpodder does not sync episodes to my iPod Mini any
> more.

You are probably meaning Git, right? The main repository for gPodder
currently is at http://repo.or.cz/w/gpodder.git (you'll find the git://
and clone URLs at that web page).

> When I click on the "sync episodes", all I get is;
> /home/rooijen/gpodder/src/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: GtkFrame does
> not have a property called padding
>   self.builder.add_from_file(filename)
> /home/rooijen/gpodder/src/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: GtkFrame does
> not have a property called expand
>   self.builder.add_from_file(filename)
> /home/rooijen/gpodder/src/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: GtkFrame does
> not have a property called fill
>   self.builder.add_from_file(filename)

That's just warnings from the UI, should be no problems.

> and then gpodder just freezes. I then have to close the application
> from the desktop window manager. gpodder reports itself as version
> 2.14. Anybody else experiencing the same?

No, I personally don't use iPod syncing anymore, but there also have not
really been any changes to the code so far. Maybe the GStreamer-based
track length detection is acting up? Please try "git pull" the latest
version of the development version (master branch) and see if this fixes
your problem :)