[gpodder-devel] Does gPodder support the iPod Touch?

  • From: goetz.waschk at gmail.com (Götz Waschk)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:55:12 +0100

On Dec 21, 2007 12:39 PM, Pieter De Decker <pdedecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you're saying that I could use most of gPodder's features if I jailbreak
> my iPod Touch?
> I found a tutorial on how to do this, by the way:
> http://www.gnome.org/~teuf/README.iTouch

Yes, that's what the NEWS file from libgpod I have linked to says. The
tutorial is a bit outdated, you don't need the svn versions, the
latest releases of libgpod and gtkpod should work too.

> I heard that Apple is able to brick iPhones if they are jailbreaked. Does
> this also apply for the iPod Touch?
Possible, but it can only happen when you update your iPod Touch
firmware. That's the price for using proprietary locked hardware.

Regards, G?tz
--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.