[gpodder-devel] Does gPodder support the iPod Touch?

  • From: pdedecker at gmail.com (Pieter De Decker)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:39:44 +0100

Hi guys,

> That's the price for using proprietary locked hardware.
You're right about that, but here's the thing: can you think of any other
MP3 player that does podcasts the proper way? Apple got it all together so
nicely.

> you don't have to go as far as jailbreaking it
Whoops. :)

> the latest releases of libgpod and gtkpod should work too.
I'm currently using libgpod v0.4.2 and as far as I know, there's no way to
upgrade to libgpod v0.6.0 without breaking some dependencies, considering
that recent packages often require newer versions of their dependencies. Do
you know of a Ubuntu repository that can take care of this issue?

I'm going to do some more research on how the iPod touch and gtkpod interact
and if I do buy one, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turned out.

Pieter