[gpodder-devel] Does gPodder support the iPod Touch?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:17:09 +0100

Hello!

nikosapi wrote:
> On December 20, 2007 15:05:24 Pieter De Decker wrote:
>> I'm thinking about buying an iPod Touch, but since its synchronization
>> mechanism probably works in a different way I first want to find out if
>> I'll be able to sync it using Linux. Does gPodder support the iPod Touch?
>
> It *should* work as was said by G?tz but you don't have to go as far as
> jailbreaking it. Download the libgpod source code and have a look at the
> instructions in README.SysInfo to learn how to get these newer iPods working
> with libgpod.

If you get to try it, please report back here if it works and what needs
to be done to get it working.

If you are into open source, something like the Nokia N800 might be a
better option, if you want some WiFi-capable, small gadget that can play
music and videos (although I don't know about the video quality or
playback performance of the N800). That one surely works with gPodder,
and some guy even ported a (now outdated) old version of gPodder to the
N800, so some N800 owners were able to run gPodder directly on their
portable device ;)