[gpodder-devel] Basic BitTorrent Support - patch

  • From: nikosapi at gmail.com (nikosapi)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:10:14 -0400

I added some basic support for rss feeds with torrents in them (like feeds
from revision3.com). It basically copies BitTorrent files to another
directory where they can be picked up by programs like Azureus. Perhaps in
the future support could be added to run a script to start a download for a
torrent but for now this will work with clients that support directory
monitoring.

The selector for choosing where to copy the torrent files to is in the
downloads section of the preferences window.
The torrent recognition is done in a rather crude way but I think it'll work
fine, have a look yourself, I can't think of another way to do it. Looking
for a file extention is out of the question because certain sites like
mininova.org that don't use extentions for their filenames.

I've also been working on automatic updating and automatic downloading of new
shows but I can't seem to get it to work. I know it's because of the way
threading works in gPodder, I just can't figure it out.

Anywho, one step at a time,

nick

P.S. The patch is against today's svn (rev 309 I think)
P.P.S. I know there are plugins for azureus that'll do similar to this but I
like gPodder much better for managing my media-related rss feeds.