[goodfeel] Sandra Gayer's Short Accessibility Survey.

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:07:47 +0100

Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I posted to the list as I've been performing
but some threads have been fun to read, especially when there's been a
key stroke happy ending!

I'm really writing because I’ve been frustrated many times over the
last couple of years by companies selling products online. It’s mainly
the lack of accessibility in relation to their websites and digital
products which gets to me.
I have a product idea which will make mainstream companies more aware
of us as an important community that spends money online. I’d really
value your help and if you complete the survey within seven days, I’ll
post the results of the survey to the list. There’s an awful lot we
can do with this survey:
*I want to help my local advocacy group make their case that there’s a
lot of money that companies are missing out on as a result of their
ignorance about us as a consumer group.
*The Radio station I work at, (Insight Radio), would be able to make
this a focal point, drawing over 100000 people’s attention to
accessibility issues as something they can make a difference in.
*Given that 2015 is the 800th anniversary of the signing of The Magna
Carta, it wouldn’t be too difficult for me to get some press
attention. (The Freedom from Discrimination Act).

What I have to say will only be news worthy if enough of us take
action. By doing this, we will make these companies sit up and take
notice but the more of us who respond, the better!

Here’s the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YmbOxm4_jPOBOpN6GOyCWzeK_HgUANrgJkVlForV_JU/edit#

I know it may appear as two lines but if you paste it into a fresh web
page, it will open properly.

By the way it is a 10 minute survey, (with thinking time included),
and I filled it out myself with a Braille stopwatch so I can say that
with experience, hee hee!
Thank you again,
Sandra.

On 6/9/15, Ruby Alphonse <rubyalphonse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Dani, this is the first time I am using goodfeel with this
Embosser Basic DV2. I set the carrectors and lines, for 40 and 27 lines. but

I don't know why the measure numbers are on the pin holes. and a couple or

sometimes Three measures are on the paper, and there is so much space left
at the right side. I don't know how to set the embosser as generic text only

printer. I need this embosser for my english braille too. for that, I use
win braille, now, win braille has top, bottom, right and left margins and
page width and size and so on. and it is so easy to set how we want. I don't

understand why Goodfeel doesn't have it. no margins no page size nothing. I

guess you must be using the latest braille printer. Please tell me how to
set this embosser as generic text only printer? is it a driver?Thank you
again, Cheers,Ruby