[goodfeel] Re: Sandra Gayer's Short Accessibility Survey.

  • From: Sandra Gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 21:43:49 +0100

Hello Mike,
everyone is entitled to have an opinion. I'm just glad that everyone
doesn't feel the same way as you do or I wouldn't be able to make any
difference. Maybe when you start a petition of your own or come up
with a product or service you want to research, or make a radio
programme or write a magazine article, you may think differently? If
that happens, I know I will support you.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.

On 6/9/15, Mike Tyo <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At the risk of going way off topic here, I'll say this.

While I advocate for disability issues, and have no problem getting involved

in events that help improve the lives of blind and visually impaired, I'm
going to refrain from going to any more of these on-line petitions Sites as

it opens the floodgates for SPAM upon SPAM upon SPAM. I did this before when

I signed a petition on another Site to improve accessibility to these new
appliances; and what did I get? Well - it was everything from people wanting

petitions signed for their dad's dog who was in prison in some foreign
country awaiting execution because it chewed on some forbidden bone. Now I
realize I'm being facetious, but you get the picture. It took months of
constant reporting of this abusive correspondence before it finally stopped;

and this was after I went through the dog and pony show to unsubscribe from

the service.

So if I were you, I'd stay away from it. I don't like it because I feel that

there needs to be a constant vigilance of this stuff; but doing it on-line
isn't that effective any more because of all of the negative fallout from
doing what's supposed to be a positive thing.

Well, as the song says, "That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it."

Mike