[goodfeel] Re: No breaks in music.

  • From: Kaiti Shelton <crazy4clarinet104@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:30:13 -0500

Hi,

What my university and music department has done is converted all the
text in my sight singing and analysis books into a plain text file.
For theory my professor provides me with xml files of the examples or
homework which I just import into Lime, complete, export back into
XML, and email to him for grading.  For sight singing each exercise is
a separate .GF file which I access from my notetaker, and the file
names are the number of the exercise.  So, chapter 5 exercise 2 is
Ottman-5.2.  Very little is actually brailled, usually only my sight
singing tests to keep the exercises secret until the day of the exam
and the music I need for my band courses.

This system seems to keep me and my professors pretty well organized,
as well as cuts down on the amount of embossing.  I'd highly recommend
just using the xml files and having the student import them into
GoodFeel as it would eleviate your brailling problem and make it
easier for the student to go right into the homework directly.  Hope
this helps.

--
Kaiti