[goodfeel] More Newbie Questions

  • From: "Dani Lynn Uesato" <res1hx2n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:10:55 -1000

Hi, Everyone. I'm coming out of lurkdom to ask more newbie questions about
Lime. I'm using Sonar to work out parts to a song, then am importing the
Midi tracks in to Lime to check for inaccuracies in notation (I'm 25
measures in to the song and find that  I make lots of inaccurate notations
*smile*).

My questions are:

1. How do I assign midi patches to Lime voices so that I can use Ctrl+H to
hear the written notation for the various parts--drums, guitars, piano, etc,
in their respective Midi voices?

2. Is there a way to use the Kill function to delete extra beats? In the
file I imported, there's a measure with an extra beat in it that I can't
seem to get rid of. I have the "Enable duration edits" checked, but can't
find anything in the LimeAloud manual telling me how to use the Kill
function. What'd I miss?

3. I know that the LimeAloud scripts don't work with JFW 8. But do they work
with JFW 7.10? If so, how do I go about copying them to the .enu folder for
that version? I tried using the Merge function under the Utilities menu in
JFW7.1 but didn't have any success.
I see that the ability to access the Braille window is there when I use
LimeAloud with JFW7.10. But I can't get the speech to work--I get no speech
feedback re note descriptions etc, and nothing that says the scripts are
enabled.

Thanks for any help/feedback you can provide.

More Later,
Dani, still taking baby steps