[gmpi] Re: Summary 7.1.3, 7.1.4

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

> the problem, i think, arises for plugins that process multiple,
> mostly independent audio streams that are *not* related in some
> surround format like way. the trivial case would be a compressor with
> side chain limiting connected to two independent streams, one being
> the compressed signal and one going into the sidechain input.

I had been referring to that as two separate 'connections'.  Were you
thinking something different?  They seem to be two independant streams.
Probobaly the sidechain is always mono, and the data signal is mono or
stereo.  Something like that?

In which case you can connect or not-connect each on seperately, right?  Or
do you want to NOT be able to do that?