[gmpi] Re: Summary 7.1.3, 7.1.4

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

> > connection is a group of left, right, center, surround-left, surround-right,
> > and LFE streams.  Connections are handled atomicly - all streams are
> > connected or disconnected together.
>
> I dont like "all streams are connected or disconnected together" that
> rules out use a modular synth modules.

I figured that was what de-bundling plugins or host-specific converters
would do. Without that language, it is implied that you can connect only one
stream of a 5.1, which you can't without host or other support.  Or maybe
you CAN, in which case I don't see the point of bundling at all.

Perhaps some language that indicates this.  "Connections are handled atomicly
by the API, but hosts may provide mechanisms for debundling connections." ?