[gmpi] Re: REQ 16 and architecture.

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:03:32 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 9:25 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: REQ 16 and architecture.

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 11:40:18PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > firstly i don't appreciate a lot your remark. Some People (like me )
need

> Turnabout is fair play, I guess.  No offense intended, really.

it's not a question of offense, it's a question about what it means behind.
I'm a little bit too old to not know that. you bring some matter to talk
about , and the only reply is "yes, yes nice , but not usefull now" ... be
sure that i know very well this processus, and that i know exactly what does
it mean.

> > What does my graphic here !? strange question... This graphic is here
first
> > to be validated. Do we go to such architecture
> > - basically 3 main components with different communication protocol.
> > - what to do with mixed architecture (with external audio board).
>
> > now, before i stop to participate here. Explain me why my graphic and my
> > question about architecture are out of the discussion. You think you are
> > intelligent enough to make a requirment list without any graphic or any
> > discussion about architecture and organization !?
>
> REQUIREMENTS.  This is the part where we all decide the things that GMPI
> MUST do and the things it SHOULD do.  We don't decide architecture, though
> we've done a lot of talking about it.  We don't do ANYTHING technical.
> Really, requirements could be done by a marketroid.
>
> It's too early to decide what the GMPI architecture will look like.  Maybe
> there will be something like your diagram.  Maybe it won't.
> Maybe it will involve sending messages on TCP sockets to each plugin.
This
> is the wrong time to decide that.
>

> THAT is all I am saying.

and this's already too much ! :-)