[gha] Using our GHA Mailing Lists

  • From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 14:22:34 -0600

Dear everyone,

Our GHA mailing list systems are now ready for regular use. We have 226
addresses in the overall gha list -gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - (including India,
Latin America, Africa, USA) and 86 addresses in the gha-usa list -
ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. There are about a few people in both lists, and they
will receive duplicate messages when mails are sent to both addresses.
Also, since the lists are moderated, there will be a delay before your
message goes out to all 226 or 86 addresses. This is an advanced
implementation of typical "group" lists on many e-mail browsers.

Some notes I'd like to warn you about:

First, if you respond to one of the list message and really intend just to
mail the person posting the message, please be aware - there's a good
chance your message will go to everyone on the list. So, in these cases,
it's best to just write to the person direct, not using the list address.
When you sent mail to either of the freelists addresses, it's assumed that
your message is intended for everyone.

Among benefits of using these lists. When someone requests deletion, it can
be done without problem. (Just send a request to me at cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx).
And, of course, it's easy to add new addresses as GHA expands its scope -
which is continuing. In the past we have been sending messages to 100+
individual addresses, and this has made it impractical to search for a
message by a person's name since all messages have all names on them. Also,
when composing a message, it's much easier just to type in an addresses of
this type. Unlike most e-mail systems, we not limited to a certain number
of recipients.

I have been testing and configuring the lists with Nina's help and I thank
her for that. I am aware that some messages to the lists may not have gone
out. If this happened to you, please re-send a copy now and I will send it
along.

I pray these changes will enhance our communications. As in the past, we
encourage sharing among everyone, and these lists should help.

Yours in Harmony,

Bruce

Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony

Publisher and Editor
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, *Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020*, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
7337 Grandview Ct.
Carpentersville, IL 60110 USA
312-859-8090
cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx