[ggo-discussion] Re: very small game list bug

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:02:08 +0200

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:05:06PM +0300, Jarkko Lindblad wrote:

> Silly me....I forgot that Ambassador sends a games n-command every time
> a new game is detected. Can't remember why gGo doesn't do it though :)

Too much traffic for my taste, considering the lack of command queue on the
server side and the frequence of roughly 1 new game every 2 seconds. I fear
due to the missing command queue important commands might be eaten up. And
delaying commands on the client side to gather game data for all and every
game sounds like a bad idea to me.
Dont know, maybe I miss some cool design approach here.

> What  IDE you use for gGo developement? Or do you just code in the old
> fashioned way using emacs or whatever :)

JEdit (freeware Java editor, has nifty support for Java programming) and
good old Emacs. The dialogs I created with the Netbeans IDE, as I hate doing
GUI design manually. But for normal code writing I prefer some classic
editor only. Plus, my computer is no powerhorse (P2 333 MHz, 128 MB RAM), so
the usage of an IDE is not much fun anyways.

 Peter