[ggcsquicksig] Re: On-line Bill Pays

  • From: Babette Bloch <bcbloch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:53:02 -0700

Ernie...WF Online Bill Pay DOES take the money out of your checking
account when you use Bill Pay manually or from Quicken.  Then it either
sends that payment electronically or by mail, depending on whether the
payee has electronic payment facilities.

ANOTHER way of paying your bills is to schedule with the payee (such as
PGE or ATT), to take the money out of your checking account from the
payee's end.  You authorize the payee to do this.  A lot of people do
this when they travel, so they don't have to bother with getting payments
made on time.

These are two entirely different processes, however.  Bill Pay is made
from your bank to the payee.  Scheduled payments by authorized payees (I
don't know the official title of this method) is the payee taking the
payment from your bank, initiated by the payee.

bb

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 18:11:22 -0700 "Ernie Pitz" <guidop6@xxxxxxxxxxx>