[ggcsquicksig] March 10th Quicken SIG meeting

  • From: "Babette" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SIGLIST" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:59:58 -0800

Below is the announcement for our March meeting, which you'll also see in the
GGCS Newsletter when it arrives later this week.
Please don't hesitate to come if you're already using Quicken!  We need your
knowledge and know-how to help us as we guide the new users through setting up
their first accounts.  You can be mentors, and will really help us with this
new approach.

Also, after we get the new users set up, we hope to have time to help you with
any questions you might have about updating your data from an earlier version.
If you've already bought the new version and haven't made the jump yet, we can
do it in the classroom for Q.2008 or 2009.  Bring your data files backed up to
a flash drive, you can take the converted data home on your flash drive.

Babette

QUICKEN SIG SPECIAL CLASS FOR NEW USERS

WE'LL HELP YOU SET UP YOUR FIRST ACCOUNTS AND GET STARTED

10 A.M., TUESDAY, MARCH 9TH, GGCS  CLASSROOM

Having a problem getting started with Quicken?

Are you starting to use Quicken for the first time?  If so, let the GGCS
Quicken SIG help you set up

Quicken with your first accounts, so you'll have a head start on using the
program by entering the first few transactions into those accounts.

Bring your last checking account statement and a credit card statement, so you
can enter a some transactions after you set up the accounts.

If you have a laptop, bring it to the class, either with Quicken installed or
with your Quicken Program disk to install at the class.  If you don't have a
laptop, bring a USB flash drive to the classroom, so that you will be able to
take your Quicken Data file home and restore it to your own computer.  (If you
don't have a flash drive, we will have a few available for purchase at the
class.)  None of your data will be left on the Classroom computers.

In April, after you've had time to get more familiar with entering transactions
into Quicken by hand, we'll talk about how to download transactions from banks
and credit card accounts into Quicken.

GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
     Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

   In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).