[ggcsquicksig] Re: March 10th Quicken SIG meeting

  • From: "Babette" <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:35:26 -0800

IF YOU HAVE A NEW VERSION OF QUICKEN (2008 OR 2009) AND WANT TO CONVERT YOUR
DATA AT OUR MARCH 10TH SIG MEETING:
1. Connect your flash drive to you computer, and using Windows Explorer, or the
window that XP opens when you plug in a flash drive, make a new folder and name
it something like "QUICKEN V.XXXX(Whatever version you're using) DATA"
2. Open your present Quicken program, and use the backup command to backup your
current data files to the folder you've made on your flash drive.

3.  Bring the flash drive to the meeting.

4.  We show you how to convert it to the Quicken version you will be using when
you update.

5.  After installing the new program, use the Restore command to access the
converted files from your flash drive.