[georgianbents] CHIN picnic

  • From: <HICKS.TJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:28:15 -0400

Hi all

So how goes the progress on the CHIN picnic races?  Does it look like it's
going to be a bust again this year?  Put me down for entering all three types
of races.  That means we only need 9 more riders for each :)  If Bob and Mike
do the same thing, we only need 7 more in each event.  See?  We're almost there
already!  If someone needed a trike or two wheeler, maybe someone with an extra
kicking around could loan it out temporarily for the event.  If my brother
and/or oldest son can get the time off, there's at least one more, possibly two
more riders.  Down to 5 more.  Rob and Richard have 2 and 3 wheelers, Joe has a
trike and a velo, maybe even Murray Cleland will be kicking around and he's got
a 2 and 3 wheeler as well.  If the Bluevelo guy was brave enough, he might even
loan out a couple velos for the races.  Speaking of which, is the Bluevelo guy
in the list?

5 of us just got done with the Spin the Lakes Tour in Huntsville.  A
predominantly upright event, but we had 3 bents in it this year and there was a
lot of smiles, interest, comments and questions.  A great event and I'm
definitely going back next year.  Any folks from the south east/HPTA going to
the Ride for Heart in Toronto on Sunday?  We've got a slowly growing number of
bent riders signing up so we should have a strong bent contingent this year in
both the 75 and 50km rides.