[geocentrism] Re: papal infallibility

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocentrism" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:55:07 -0400

Calling all Catholics! I'm curious about something if any of you care to
reply. If you see the faults in your membership and, more importantly, your
leadership and expect it to become even worse,
Speaking only for myself:
The perfection of His Church is in its founder ? nowhere else.  From the
beginning the apostles were weak, there were many heresies, yet the promise
of  continuity has been fulfilled. His Church has persevered for almost 2000
years by His guidance, not the actions of its members, and will continue to
the end of time.
how do you know when it began and how do you exempt yourself from inclusion
in it?
Our faults began with the original sin, JA ? you should know that.  Why do
you think Catholics, clergy or laity, are exempt from the corruption of the
Fall?
We continuously seek the Truth, to fully form our moral conscience.  Yet we
fall, as did Adam and Eve, Peter and Paul.

More specifically, I've noticed at least one, if not all, of you believes
that Fatima was God-inspired.
Fatima was private revelation: to be sanctioned by the Church, Fatima
revelations could not declare anything contrary to the deposit of faith, nor
add anything  new.  Even with episcopal approval, Catholics are free to
believe or reject its revelations.  I am one who chooses to believe.
How do you know it is not one of the false signs and wonders of the end
times or some other example of people being lead astray?
Another one you should know.  Christ told us how to distinguish the false
prophets: ?Can a good tree bear bad fruit, or a bad one good fruit?
Therefore, by their fruits shall you know them.?
So, what are the fruits of Fatima? First, divine approval given by the
miracle of the Sun , witnessed by 70,000 of all creeds and persuasions.
In the 90 years since, there?s a history of physical and spiritual cures at
the Fatima shrine, through praying to Our Lady of Fatima.

I'm not tying to start a debate or anything anti-catholic, your recent
emails back and forth among yourselves have prompted me to ask because I am
curious of your logic and reasoning.

JA

Phillip and I don?t disagree about the fundamental Catholic beliefs; our
faith can embrace a wide range of questions (but not a single doubt).  The
Catholic Church: Here comes everybody!  Saints and sinners, whose identities
change from day to day.

Robert