[geocentrism] Re: an aside.

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:36:55 +1000

But Philip: how do you know that "that the sun reaches its Zenith (highest
point) at the same time every day of the year.." without (any kind - whatsoever
- of) Sundial ???  Marc

I look at the shadow of a vertical stick in the ground..  At mid-day local
longitudinal time, it is in the same position, every day when it is alwqys the
shortest shadow. ie longer before and after midday. Proportionately of course
all the shadows get longer and shorter with the seasons..

I didn[t know this till I had to start checking on the sun angles for
mypanels..  Of course I'm only 8 months into it but so far so good..  Phil