[geocentrism] Re: What rules the night?

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:46:53 -0600

Gary,
I remembered reading G. Bouw's take on this.  Although his earth spins
he reasons on pages 106-107 of A Geocentricity Primer that
"In a heliocentric system the night, along with the earth, orbits the
sun.  This violates the Bible's principle of the separation of the
powers of darkness and light.  In the geocentric system the night orbits
the earth with a period of one day and the separation of powers is
maintained."  This sounds geostatic to me.

The moon rules the night completely on the night of the full moon.  Gen
1:16 (KJV)  And God made the two great lights; the greater light to rule
the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
I have been using e-Sword for my Bible references.  I had not been
checking the version.  Here is the same verse from the "Literal
Translation of the Holy Bible" Gen 1:16  And God made the two great
luminaries: the great luminary to rule the day, and the small luminary
and the stars to rule the night.  Here the ruleship of the night
includes both the moon and the stars.

Carl