[geocentrism] Re: Reasoning from Scripture

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:42:19 +0100 (BST)

Dear Wendy,

Okay, fair enough.

I am not a Jehovah's Witness. I am not a Catholic. I am not a Baptist. I am not
a Methodist. I am not a Happy Clapper. I am not a Christadelphian. I am not a
Mormon. I am not C of E. I am not C of S. I am not a Wee Free. I am not a
Buddhist. I am not Kabbalist. Etc., etc.

This does not mean that I think that each of these groups has not got something
right. For example, I referred you to the Judas Iscariot article, but if you
look at the Predestination article, you will see that I agree with the JWs on
this topic.

I am a Christian. This means that I worship the God of Israel and that I
proclaim that Jesus of Nazareth is the Jewish Messiah.

If your question was more to do with what the Jehovah's Witnesses sect believes
about the topic of geocentrism, then I would have to say that I do not know. I
do know that Steven discussed the issue with a JW in a local supermarket some
time back, and the JW said he would search through the society's publications,
but I don't believe that we ever heard from him after that.

Certainly, to give them their due, the Catholics have always made a big issue
of geocentrism, although I'm not sure now how they stand. I seem to remember
that John Paul II apologised to Galilei and said that he had been right all
along, but I may be wrong about that and no doubt, if I am, then one of the
several Catholics on this forum will correct me.

I trust that this answers everything and that we can now move away from the
considerable contention stirred up of late.

Yours in Christ,

Neville.

"w.mackey" <w.mackey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Neville
The forum discusses many theological topics, not just geocentrism.

For that reason I personally would like to know where people are "coming
from" so to speak, especially the moderator :)
It's difficult enough trying to work out debates from typed in messages, and
when you are not face to face with people.

I am not prying, just seeking clarification for the above reason, a simple
yes or no would suffice.

But if you do not wish to answer the question that's ok as well.

Please also could we just discuss geocentrism.

Thanks

Wendy

 Yahoo! Messenger  - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?