[geocentrism] Re: Bible anomolies

  • From: allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:33:37 -0700 (PDT)

Nevil: Your comments are founded upon your assumption that the Bible does
indeed contain truth.

I have a totally realistic explanation to all this division, which is based
upon my assumption/deduction that the Bible is not 100% truth.

You state the same thing yourself in this posting, so we are in agreement.

Allen: Think the sublties of what i said may have been missed.......
I think if you will look carefully at my comments i do not make the assumption
that the bible was "the truth"....I only used it as an example since it is and
was the focus of the issues under consideration......("what is truth" &
interpretations and such).......if i were Muslim my example would have still
been valid... the principle would be the same ..

1.I was addressing the logic used to deduce any "truth" (my example bible) as
true are not and can not be ascertained on the fact that there is so many
divisions....that was the primary point
further, was making that point to show that simply not understanding the bible
in whole or in part is not a logically valid reason for discounting some and
accepting some of it......i was pointing out that very approach is the reason
for the 28000 different interpretations..... In fact if you and everyone else
accepted all ignored none logically the divergence between all our various
opinions should fade to insignificance, if truth is intrinsic to the word
itself and not based in our various understandings and interpretations.......I
was only drawing attention to the fact that even with all the various division
and interpretations that is not a valid reason for engaging in selective verse
picking while ignoring others.....it is a case instead for taking the scripture
in whole not in part.....why? ...cause the fact that there are 28000 different
divisions is only made possible by that very approach..as you said "taking
selective verses while ignoring
 others ...and that is exactly what you do in your assumption....

2. So if the fact that there are 28000 different versions bothers you in so far
as it relates to what is and is not truth ..then your own approach to
"scripture" would contribute to the very chaos you describe as the reason for
taking your own approach to it......which in turn adds to the 28000 different
interpretations....your methodology contributes in creating the very
environment you are protesting.

The point you make about so many different variations is independent of truth
itself...The logical appraoch is to take all or none......thus literal
interpritaions as mentioned........so many different variations cannot be
logically invoked to justify division in any religion to include orthodox
Christianity

Your comments are founded upon your assumption that the Bible does indeed
contain truth.

I have a totally realistic explanation to all this division, which is based
upon my assumption/deduction that the Bible is not 100% truth.

You state the same thing yourself in this posting, so we are in agreement.

Neville

www.GeocentricUniverse.com