[GeoSTL] www.geogamer.com

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:22:30 -0500

Here is a response from the www.geogamer.com
WebMaster, to a comment made by one of its
new members in their message forum:

"... I can assure you that this isn?t a ?Test? and no one
is making a marketing guinea pig out of anyone.
We have done a lot of research and found that some cachers
not only wanted to have fun, but were also interested in
a way to be ?rewarded? for their caching activities. And we
hope that this site will provide a fun way to do it.

The CacheCoin concept came about as a means to track
activity, add value to the game and to support prize awards.
The CacheHost idea was meant to get as many people involved
as possible who already had caches stashed. You
don?t have to hide special ?GeoGamer? caches (although some
players might do just that in order to collect more
game points). All you have to do is place a CacheHost validation
card in your existing Geocaching cache (or any other
registered site cache) and list them on GeoGamer. To get
players started, I can provide some free CacheHost
stickers (while supply lasts) if you send me an eMail with
your mailing address.

Lastly, if this concept works out (like we expect it will),
GeoGamer will be able to help caching clubs and other
organizations run their own caching events as fundraisers.
We can produce custom gaming supplies, provide access
to our online prize catalog for event winners, and help with
online advertising ..."

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.