[GeoStL] Re: was: You think it was hot in STL? Now:wireless on the road

  • From: Jim Everman <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:25:57 -0500

-
GC-RGS wrote:
 > . . .
> I did play with my cell phone too since I have free LD anywhere and got=
 it
> to work for a dialup connection with my laptop. I've got unlimited minu=
tes
> on nights and weekends so it's another option if I'm away from a motel =
or
> anything. Normal connection is usually 12-14.4k so it's slow.
> =

> Rich

 I was in Hillsboro, Ohio this weekend staying with a friend and he
let me use his number to call my ISP in StL to run a pocket query. He
has the same deal I have with SBC. 120 minutes for a small charge
($5?), then 5=A2 a minute after that. It only took a few minutes to run
and retrieve the query.

 I punished him by taking him out on a cache hunt. :-)

 Geo Jim

-- =

   Jim Everman       mailto:everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                     http://webusers.Anet-STL.com/~everman/