[GeoStL] not knots but owls

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:55:55 -0600

-
on another topic...I just thought this was cool
For the last few weeks we have been occasionally hearing an owl in our
neighborhood.  Last night I was walking the dog around dusk and I heard it,
looked up and saw it in our neighbors huge oak tree.  Did some checking in
the Peterson field guide and comfirmed....great horned owl.

When we first moved to St Peters 20 years ago we saw all kinds of wild life
in our back yard and around town, but with all the habitat destrction we
don't see much anymore.  So this is pretty neat.  I hope he hangs
around....he's so loud we can hear him inside the house.  (Ulterior
motive....they eat rabbits, don't they?  He could be my gardening buddy)

Susan