[GeoStL] Re: missed them by "this" much

  • From: Glenn <Glenn.GeocachingAdmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:31:03 -0600

-
There is discussion of the Missouri Geocoin on another list.

Personally, I was never contacted.  I don't think any officers or
contact people of Mogeo (Missouri Geocachers Association) were ever
contacted.   I cant speak for any of the KC folks  if they were
contacted or not and scanning the receint posts here, i dont see any
from charles discussing a Missouri coin.

I would have had only a little input on a MISSOURI coin as I am not much
of a graphics person but I would not have included 3 states  or used the
icon of one regional group for a MISSOURI coin.   But, if someone is
gonna spend their own money, I suppose you can call a coin anything ya
want.

As pointed out earlier today by a local geocoin authority, a STATE or
organizational coin sells faster than a personal coin and it's all about
the sales after all.    I guess the tip here is if someone wants to make
and successfully sell a personal coin, call it a state and
organizational coin and you will sell out quickly.
-----------

Nick,

I did ask for help.
I started asking back before Christmas.
I did not get a very big response back.
Look in the forums of the places you mentioned.

Now that it has become something all want to get aboard it seems like.

It will be the 1st Missouri Trackable Geocoin.
I did talk to MOGA and they DID do a coin.
Brawny Bear did too.
I have those coins ordered as well.

The STATE NAMES.
Well as a part of our Mission Statement we were to recognize and help
better communicate as a group(s)....not state(s)...
Now I am a Member of the TRI States and the Arkansas Geocachers
Association and the Ozark Mountian Geocachers.
So us  MISSOURI...to recognize them ARKANSAS KANSAS AND OKLAHOMA is
the reason for the names.
It is also where a majority of this group is from.
It is also the Land as it was during the Louisians Territory 200 years
ago. No divisions.

And so that no one got their feeling hurt I tried to incorperate everyone.
The Icon was made for this group.Our recognition to the coin.

The coin has deep meanings that have yet to be revealed ...like a
Treasure.
We did a lot of deep thought with the ideas and even had some outside
help.......TEXAS, thank you.

Now to get all these things on a single coin is a chore.
Try it.

The one's I contacted and the person who did the 1st MISSOURI coin
won't be ready untill March or April.
I am taking them to MOGA too.
If they are ready.So to have all this done before certian dates pass
is a priority to us as well.
"TIMEING"  and Location Location Location.

I could go on but I think I have said enough for this post as to the
why's.

If I have not answered you e-mail me.
Post it.
Communication is a key and it is lacking everywhere.
And that's why I am in the OEM communications Dept.

If your not in the lead you are a follower.