[GeoStL] Re: html and Java script on cachepages

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

Party pooper. :-p

----- Original Message ----
From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 7:08:51 AM
Subject: [GeoStL] html and Java script on cachepages

-
I just now noticed  that some folks  have been using HTML in the "placed
by" field of the cache listings s well as javascript on cache pages. The
groundspeak system should take care of the scripts but not the html in
the placed by fields.  Please understand that using HTML in this field
will cause problems for people using various software packages to
download your cache coordinates. As such Groundspeak some time ago  has
banned the use of HTML in this field. Sorry I didn't catch this before.

If anyone has fancy clor in the placed by fields you might want to think
about removing it sometime soon.

Many thanks,