[GeoStL] html and Java script on cachepages

  • From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:08:51 -0500

-
I just now noticed that some folks have been using HTML in the "placed by" field of the cache listings s well as javascript on cache pages. The groundspeak system should take care of the scripts but not the html in the placed by fields. Please understand that using HTML in this field will cause problems for people using various software packages to download your cache coordinates. As such Groundspeak some time ago has banned the use of HTML in this field. Sorry I didn't catch this before.

If anyone has fancy clor in the placed by fields you might want to think about removing it sometime soon.

Many thanks,