[GeoStL] Re: Why is this cache 'subscriber-only'?

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:51:51 -0500

I am a registered member of gc.com, so I can get to the cache page.
I'm not suggesting you do anything different.  I just wanted to share
my thoughts based on your reasoning.

One side-effect of making a cache subscriber-only is that it prevents those
who want to geocache but don't want to pay the annual membership
fee from finding the cache under their own ID.  That limits the exposure
of the cache from what it could be.

Since noone knows who the cache thief is, he could be a
registered gc.com member,.  Creating the cache as subscriber-only
wouldn't necessarily  prevent him from continuing his dastardly deeds.
In fact, it might attract his attention, instead.