[GeoStL] Re: Why is this cache 'subscriber-only'?

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

This is only temporary until someone picks up the WJTB, then I will put it back
to normal.   This has been on normal forthe longest time, and it was not
getting any hits.  I even changed the name because I thought the old name was a
discouragement "Manmade Badlands"

It is funny that I put in a WJTB that it starts drawing attention.  I WILL GIVE
IT TILL THE END OF JULY THEN I WILL PUT IT BACK TO NORMAL.  To give Premium
memebrs a first chance at getting it, then after August first, I will open it
to all.

BTW I found the WJTB in a cache in GA that was Premium Members Only, so I am
following through with the pattern.

Jack Konecker <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am a registered member of gc.com, so I can get to the cache page.
I'm not suggesting you do anything different.  I just wanted to share
my thoughts based on your reasoning.

One side-effect of making a cache subscriber-only is that it prevents those
who want to geocache but don't want to pay the annual membership
fee from finding the cache under their own ID.  That limits the exposure
of the cache from what it could be.

Since noone knows who the cache thief is, he could be a
registered gc.com member,.  Creating the cache as subscriber-only
wouldn't necessarily  prevent him from continuing his dastardly deeds.
In fact, it might attract his attention, instead.

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com