[GeoStL] Re: Weldon Spring Caches

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:17:56 -0500

-
Craig, I will send the adoption to you today. You will have to fill out the paperwork. I can do most of it for you since I know where they are and I already have the maps, etc.. Thanks for your help. I would hate to see them go. I will add them to my watch list and still help maintain them.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Ingram" <seaeye@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Weldon Spring Caches
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 4:09 PM
-
The time has come where I must comply with the new policy
on MDC property. Their rules state that no more than 2 cache
permits will be granted to any one individual. Therefore,
the most caches I can have at Weldon Spring is 2. John Vogel
will make an exception using the Multi cache rule and allow
3 caches per permit per conservation area.

I have no caches in Busch. All my caches are in Weldon
Spring. I have to pick my 6 favorites and Bridget can pick
her 6. That saves 12 caches. The rest will have to be
archived or adopted. If not for John's exception to the
policy, we would be limited to 2 each.

The part that really doesn't make sense is he would
have to deal with more people rather than just a few. If
there were 100 caches at weldon spring and Bernie had 50 and
I had 50, he would be dealing with 2 people. Under the new
policy he will have to deal with 50 people. I can understand
if there is a restriction on caches per acre. You
wouldn't want someone to take the whole park. However,
no restriction on # of caches at each area but, a
restriction on the number each person places? Gotta wonder
if this was thought through...

My Caches at WSCA -

1) Cowboy up, Mr. Alien
2) In View of Toxic Mountain
3) My Favorite Tree
4) K-Team 5K Congratulatory Cache
5) Mossy Hills
6) Flatlander's Bushwhack

Bridget's caches at WSCA -

1) Historical Marker #8
2) Pow Bang, Pow Pow Bang
3) Buffalo Hanging in a Tree
4) Circle the Fire Plug
5) Welcome to the Corral
6) Lickety Split my little Cupcake

Up for adoption or soon to be archived!

Dead Rockers Society - Randy Rhodes
Dead Rockers Society - John Bonham
Dead Rockers Society - Bon Scott

Mike Griffin
The BEST Spam Solution!
http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050

Brawny Bear
  ()__()
  (='.'=)

Missouri Geocaching land use policies -->
www.MoCache.net
MoGeo Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php