[GeoStL] Re: Train ride to Jeff City on Feb.21st

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:27:25 -0600

-
Jim,

I was just kidding about you renting a bunch of the cars, but I thought I'd
try anyway.

I never heard back from him today so maybe Monday I'll know more. Since they
close at 2PM on Sat and are open Sunday from 9AM to 1PM, I'd hope it could
be dropped off and locked on the lot but it would be a full day charge. We
didn't talk about that because he wasn't sure if a minivan would be
available anyway. I said we'd like 2 if possible, each holding 7-8 people,
or so he said. That sounds pretty tight.

They would pick us (or someone) up at the station but getting back to the
station after dropping it off would probably require a ride from someone at
the event. It's had to tell how far Avis is from the station.

And Arlene, thanks for the offer but I'm not sure yet how many are coming
back on the 7PM train Sat., the 10:33AM or 7PM Sunday train. How do we split
the cost for the cars? If the Sat. returnees can fit in 1 car, they could
pay the 1 day rate and the others would pay the 2 day rate, weather leaving
at 10AM or 7PM. How about those that ride the train but aren't going out for
the day and staying at the park? I hope someone is creating a spreadsheet
for this?