[GeoStL] Train ride to Jeff City on Feb.21st

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:58:23 -0600

-
This has really turned in to a scheduling nightmare!

So, unless someone wants to step up to the plate (seems to be the current
topic now), I'm going to back out or organization this. We are still going
up on the train and returning Sat evening at 7PM. I know cds231, Didg guy,
and L frank and Denmother are riding the train too. There seems to be
volunteers in Jeff that will pick anyone up from the station and take them
back that evening.

As far as getting around town for those that want to cache or participate in
the event, you'll need to make your own arrangements and maybe "car pool" to
share the expenses.

I hate to back out on this but on paper it sounded like a good idea. I still
think it's a good idea, but hard to manage with so many saying they would
ride the train, but no real commitment. If you plan to ride the train and
get a car, I'd suggest you do that as soon as possible. The weekend trains
between St. Louis and KC were always crowded and I don't know how the rental
car inventory is in Jeff.

Rich