[GeoStL] Re: State Parks

  • From: pntball <gcpntball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

-
saint charles county parks department is well aware of the geocaches in their
parks.i talk to several of the rangers on a weekly basis so they are informed
about it.now if they could just spread the good words to surrounding parks to
let us use them.klondike park will be open to us soon also,i am just waiting
for the word to go in and scope out sites.so with chuck county we are doing
very well.pntball

hey tpm can you place some in meramec fishing park for us to hunt.yes it costs
money to enter the park but it is worth it for a day.
Tim & Pam <timpam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
When we were on vacation at Montauk State Park they had a open house that we
attended. There was a regional Manager for the state parks there. Pam and I
talked to him about geocaching, he said the one of the concerns they have
with the sport is that we dig holes to put the caches in. We got the
impression that the people in charge don't really understand how geocaching
works.

We told him about the cache in trash out.
We also told him that having caches in the parks would increase the number
of people in the parks to pickup trash and watch for vandals.

We have heard threw the grape vine that the state park system is going to
address the issue in the up coming months. Hopefully they do and it is a
good outcome.

T.P.&M.

Subject field

Subject field