[GeoStL] Re: Question about coordinates on Google Earth

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:08:23 -0500

-
Gale,

Just go into the setup screen on your GPS and select "hddd mm ss.s" This is
the format from Google but it only goes to 1 decimal place, so you'll need
to round the last digit. so 38 24 09.6 and 91 01 09.6 would be what you
input into the GPS. Then you can just switch the GPS back to ddd. mm.mmm and
it will automatically convert to that format, (or any other format you
want.)

Rich