[GeoStL] Re: Question about coordinates on Google Earth

  • From: "Robert Oelschlaeger" <roelschlaeger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:51:43 -0500

-
Gale:
Another alternative is to recall that there are 60 seconds in a minute of
arc.

To convert 38 24' 09.64"N  91 01'09.57"W,
- divide the 9.64 seconds by 60 = 0.16066 minutes; round to 0.161
- divide the 9.57 seconds by 60 = 0.15950 minutes; round to 0.159 or 0.160
to get 38° 24.161' N, 91° 01.160'W

Bob (aka roelsch)