[GeoStL] Question about coordinates on Google Earth

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:00:53 -0500

-
I can read a map and use a GPS but when it comes to all the different formats
for coordinates, I'm lost.  When looking at Google Earth, the coordinates that
show up at the bottom of the map indicating where the cursor is located shows
up like this:   38 24' 09.64"N  91 01'09.57"W        Using the GPS that same
spot would be:   N38 24.160  W091 01.159
My question is, what would be the easiest way to take the coordinates from a
spot on the map when using Google Earth and convert it into the coordinates we
use in our GPS?
What I'm wanting to do is find a spot on Google Earth, place my cursor there
and get the coordinates, then convert them to the format the GPS uses, put them
in my GPS and be able to find that spot in the real world. I'd appreciate any
help you guys can offer. Thanks.
Gale