[GeoStL] Re: Out of the Office

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:41:06 -0500

-
Thursday was for sure the worse. Wednesday night  our basement was
borderline arctic. Thursday it was NOT. Especially since SOMEONE (someone
being the kyd) refused to sleep on the floor because of some kind of bug she
saw somewhere  at some time that day  on the floor.

I gave up,  headed up stairs and made a couple of icepacks and slept in
front of  an open windows. Then our power went on for a few hours, just
enough to cool down the upstairs and  give me a semi confident feeling of
security. In other words I was left with a half washed load of dirty dishes
AND clothes. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

We were going to  head to my  mom and dad's but the Kyd wanted to hang
around and play with friends on Friday and Saturday.  We did go to a
friend's house to do a bit of laundry and sit in a hot tub for a while.
Plus, she baked us cookies. Although it took us three convenience stores in
Edwardsville to find milk,

The shopping center at New Halls Ferry and 20 never lost power and we were
heading to Steak and Shake when we saw people coming out of Shop and Save
with ICE!!  WE just had sandwiches that  night and enjoyed our ICE lol.

A friend just got power and offered us his brand new generator. If there's
no action by  tomorrow then we're taking it. I can't pay  another $26.00 for
C batteries for my must have radio.

I don't think I can live without my Internet friends.  Definite withdrawal
in that department. Fingers getting all twitchy, keep wanting to say "LOL"
at the end of my sentences.  It's ugly.

Nancy