[GeoStL] Re: Out of the Office

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:58:20 -0500

-
Camping  -- that's what we've been doing from last Wednesday through ....
NOW  except in our house with our own beds. ..

Entering DAY FIVE of the Great St. Louis Black Out. We've passed the full 4
day mark. Well. unless you  count those two teaser times when  the  power
came on long enough to suck us into thinking we were in the all clear.

Everyone around us seems to have power. We actually had trucks on our
street. We all ran out screaming, "don't let them get away; Don't let them
get away!"

Still checking email and getting our technology fix via the power inverter
that is now plugged into the Jeep -- that can be jump started by rolling it
out the driveway; my Sable can not.

We've decided that if this is any indication of what it will be like in case
of a "real" emergency or attack then we're all in BIG trouble .  As my
husband said, "Just please God, take me on the first strike." Personally I
like the interviews with the Ameren people that can be summed up in the
following way, "You'll get your power on when you get your power on .. and
be damned thankful." sigh

Our good news is that we only hand one medium sizish limb hit the roof on
the way down and that my slug self hasn't been grocery shopping in a over a
week. We've lost nothing from our fridge and the dry ice place isn't too far
from here. We're very much more lucky than many others in our neighbor hood.
Except for not being able to find a D battery anywhere! LOL

It's one big adventure!!

Certainly  hope everyone else is faring as well as we.

Nancy